2014 – Dream Team’s New Year’s Day summit
Eleven people from seven different countries conquered Mount Kilimanjaro on New Year’s Day of 2014 to become “The Dream Team”. This great video covers their seven day Machame Route climb with the Superior Package of ClimbingKlimanjaro.co.za. Witness their trek, emotions and success, as well as the service provided by ClimbingKilimanjaro.co.za.
Exceptional Kilimanjaro climb success rate and experienced staff
Climbing Kilimanjaro has over 25 years of experience in leading hikers and climbers to the summit of Kilimanjaro. Our experienced guides have a proud summit success rate averaging between 96% – 98% and have safely guided over 15 000 clients to the top of the mountain. Our professional tour consultants have all made successful summit attempts and are therefore in a position to provide you with advice and in depth knowledge of the mountain. Essential advice on how to climb Kilimanjaro, how difficult / hard is a Kilimanjaro climb and how long does it take for a Mount Kilimanjaro climb, is all covered in detail on this website. We provide unique and tailor-made climb Kilimanjaro itineraries to suite your individual requirements and preferences, including all your hotel bookings, meet and assist at the airport, airport transfers to and from your hotel, as well as many exciting travel extensions to the surrounding game parks and the magical island of Zanzibar.
WHY CHOOSE CLIMBINGKILIMANJARO.CO.ZA
Unbeatable climb Kilimanjaro track record
- We have been a leading Kilimanjaro tour operator since 1995, with a proud and unbeatable track record of over 15 000 successful and safe summit attempts.
- Our vast experience puts us in a unique position to offer you the most professional support, guidance, information and motivation to realize this once in a lifetime dream.
- The operational office in Tanzania is registered with TATO and have a valid TALA license to arrange Kilimanjaro hikes.
- We are proud to say that more than 50% of our business is generated through the referrals of happy clients.
- Please visit Trustpilot to see independent reviews from our past clients by clicking here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/climbingkilimanjaro.com
- Please see more independent reviews from our clients by visiting our facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/pg/climbingkilimanjaro/reviewshttps://www.facebook.com/pg/climbingkilimanjaroupdates/reviews/
- Please visit the testimonial page on our website to read more unedited feedback we received from our clients: https://www.climbingkilimanjaro.co.za/summit-gallery
Our tour consultants
- The majority of our sales team members have successfully summited Mt. Kilimanjaro and are therefore able to assist interested parties with first-hand knowledge and advice.
- ClimbingKilimanjaro can arrange every detail, for any preference or requirement: bookings, park fees, transfers, accommodation, guides, porters, food, camping equipment and recommended gear – thus leaving climbers free to enjoy the climb.
- On booking with ClimbingKilimanjaro, a prompt and efficient after-sales service is guaranteed – answering any questions or in providing additional information and advice required.
- ClimbingKilimanjaro will gladly assist and advise in choosing the most suitable route for your trek.
Our climb Kilimanjaro website
- We have one of the most comprehensive climbing Kilimanjaro guides on the Internet, available 24 hours a day to answer most of your questions at www.ClimbingKilimanjaro.co.za.
Real-Time Tracking Service (Superior & Deluxe Package hikes only)
- ClimbingKilimanjaro.com now offers the only real-time Live Tracking to hikers on Mount Kilimanjaro. This unique service will allow family and friends to track the progress their loved ones – live – as they hike to the summit of Kilimanjaro. (subject to availability, advance booking and a supplementary cost)
- Complimentary daily photo updates on facebook as you hike up Kilimanjaro – allowing family and friends to follow your hike. Available on our Superior and Deluxe packages only and T & C’s apply. Https://www.facebook.com/ClimbingKilimanjaroupdates
Power point presentations (free of charge)
- On request, we will e-mail you an exciting and informative 4 MB Power Point presentation on the Machame, Marangu, Rongai or Lemosho routes.
Complete and comprehensive Kilimanjaro climb information package
- With your booking confirmation, you will receive a very important Kilimanjaro Information pack which contains the following information:
- Altitude sickness guide: As part of our total commitment to safe climbing practices, we provide all our clients with an unique guide on the prevention and management of altitude sickness on the mountain.
- Comprehensive gear list: Document explaining the reasons why we recommend certain gear, as well as helpful buying guidelines.
- Fitness program: To increase your chances of a successful summit attempt, we have developed a tailor made fitness program.
- Also included is: Route map, essential information for your climb, tips for success, nutrition on the hike as well as general travel and language tips.
- Our Kilimanjaro Information pack was designed to promote success and safety, and is a result of our dedication, experience, and a commitment to excellence.
Our guides and porters
- We utilize highly trained and registered guides with years of experience, who will lead a team of support staff properly equipped, to look after you on the mountain.
- The Superior and Deluxe package guide qualification complies with the Wilderness First Responders requirements.
- On all our package options, every hiker is supported by at least one porter to carry their duffel bag (max 15kg) from one camp to the next.
- The above average ratio of our support staff to climber is: 2 Porters per climber and 2 guides per a maximum of 4 climbers – a very favourable ratio we put in place to directly enhance your safety and enjoyment on the mountain.
Safety on the mountain
- All our packages include the Kilimanjaro Rescue Team fees (managed by KINAPA).
- For our Superior and Deluxe package options – complimentary flying doctors membership is included that covers helicopter evacuation in case of serious emergency – T & C’s apply.
- We supply emergency portable Oxygen (for emergency use only) on all our hikes.
- We supply an important medic first aid kit (for emergency use only), on all our hikes.
- All chief guides on all our packages, carry a pulse Oxi-meter (a small device that clips onto your finger measuring oxygen levels in your blood, a hiker that is not acclimatized well, will normally show lower oxygen reading).
- Hikers will always hike accompanied by a qualified guide.
- We can offer you extended itineraries for the highly recommended extra acclimatization on the mountain – it is even possible to extend the duration of your hike, during your hike, while on the mountain (subject to additional costs and availability).
Kilimanjaro climb packages to suit your budget
- We offer three different packages to suit your budget: A Standard package similar to what most of our competitors are offering, a higher quality Superior package and an even higher quality Deluxe package.
- We offer discounted rates for children aged 15 years or less.
- As mentioned our hikes starting dates are flexible and we can start a hike on any day you want, however should join an existing hike, can we also offer you the option to join any existing hiking group as listed on our website’s scheduled climb dates: https://www.climbingkilimanjaro.co.za/scheduled-kilimanjaro-climb-dates.php.
Flexible starting dates
- Our hike starting dates are totally flexible as per your requirements, even for individuals – we can schedule the start of your hike on any day of the year!
- For unforeseen circumstances and on request, we are flexible regarding the change of your hiking dates (subject to availability, reasonable notice given and route chosen).
Private Kilimanjaro climbs hikes
- Option to have a private hike on request, at no additional cost – applicable only to our Superior and Deluxe package options.
Unique cancellation policy
- We have a unique cancellation policy: If you are forced to cancel your hike, due to work or medical related reasons, and notice is given within a reasonable time, we will grant you a 10 month period (from the date of cancellation) to reschedule your hike (you could be liable for any possible cancellation cost and / or price increases).
Climb Kilimanjaro equipment rental
- To make the trip more affordable, quality mountain equipment is available for hiring – including sleeping bags, hiking poles, jackets, gaiters etc.
Biking Kilimanjaro, Primate Encounters, Safari and Zanzibar add-ons
- We also arrange new and exciting mountain bike trips to the summit of Kilimanjaro. bikingkilimanjaro.co.za
- We also arrange hikes up Mt Meru, Mt Lengai, Mt Kenya and the Rwenzori Mountains
- Extend your Kilimanjaro tour by tracking with Gorillas and Chimpanzees in Rwanda or Uganda.
- Extend your Kilimanjaro tour with a fantastic wildlife safari to some of the iconic National Parks in Tanzania – like the Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater. Please contact us for more info in this regard, or visit our safari website TanzaniaWildlifeSafaris.co.za
- You may also consider a lazy beach recuperation on the magical island of Zanzibar.